Moxifloxacin 0.5% Eye Drop
Moxiliv Eye Drops
Moxifloxacin 0.5% Eye Drop
Moxifloxacin 0.5% Eye Drop is an antibiotic that is used to treat eye infections. It belongs to the group of fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infections in the eye. Moxifloxacin Eye Drops should be used with the prescription of your healthcare professional. While using it make sure to clean and dry your hands. These eye drops are not for any other use and do not prescribe Moxifloxacin eye drops to anyone with similar symptoms. To use the drops, open your lid properly and gently squeeze the bottle. With the help of a dry cloth clean any access liquid. These drops might cause a burning sensation or discomfort in the eyes. Make sure to consult your healthcare professional if faced with any additional side effects.
Benefits of Using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops is an antibiotic that helps to cure eye infections. It helps to treat various infections such as redness, itching, dryness, and soreness caused due to eye infections. While using Moxifloxacin make sure to complete the entire course. Do not skip or double the dose once skipped. These eye drops should only used under your healthcare’s permission. The dosage will vary according to your level of infection.
How to Use Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
To Use Moxifloxacin Eye Drops follow these steps:
- Follow your doctor’s advice or read the instructions on the Moxifloxacin Eye Drops packaging.
- Clean and dry your hands before using the drops.
- Gently squeeze the bottle and place the drops on your lower lid.
- Close your eyes rotate your eyeball and gently massage your eyes.
Precautions While Using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops should only be used when prescribed by your doctor. While using these drops one should follow some precautions such as:
- Do not skip or double the dose once skipped.
- After using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops if your eye infection does not cure or gets worse confront your doctor immediately.
- This medicine may cause severe side effects including rash, itching, trouble swallowing, or any swelling in hands, face, or mouth while using these drops.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using these drops.
Side Effects of Using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
While curing your infection Moxifloxacin Eye Drops might also cause some side-effects. Following are the side effects that might occur while using these drops. If faced with these issues consult a healthcare professional immediately:
- Change in vision
- Difficulty swallowing
- Hives, itching, skin rash
- Loss of consciousness
- Toxic anterior segment syndrome (pooling of whitish fluid visible on the colored part of the eye)
- Puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Seeing floating spots before the eyes
- Swelling of the eye
some side effects might occur that do not require any treatment and might go away during the period of dosage. Your healthcare professional will inform you of the ways to prevent any side effects.
Common side effects while using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops:
- Redness in eyes
- Puffy eyes
- Dry eyes
- Pain and sore eyes.
Q1. Are Moxifloxacin Eye Drops safe to use?
Ans. Moxifloxacin Eye Drops is usually safe to use and helps to treat eye infections. But it might cause some side effects such as redness, itchy eyes, pain, and soreness due to the infection. These side effects might go away with time but it is said to confront your healthcare professional.
Q2. Can pregnant women use Moxifloxacin Eye Drops?
Ans. Moxifloxacin Eye Drops might cause some side effects while used during pregnancy. Consult your healthcare before using Moxifloxacin Eye Drops during pregnancy.
Q3. Moxifloxacin Eye Drops dosage for adults?
Ans. For adults, it is advised to use 2 times a day for a week.
Q4. What are Moxifloxacin eye drops used for?
Ans. Moxifloxacin eye drops are used to treat eye infections including bacterial conjunctivitis
Q5. How long is the treatment for moxifloxacin?
Ans. Adults and children 4 months of age or older are asked to take the 2 drops for 7 days.